Monday, April 11, 2011

Simplicity

Saturdays around the Maddex home can usually be described in one word: chaos. There is usually two ball games, somehow overlapping both each other and a meal. They are usually on separate fields and someone usually has to be somewhere by the crack of dawn. This is usually followed by plans with friends or a scheduled event of some sort and by the time we crash for night we are all exhausted and have gone a million different ways. This Saturday we definitely crashed Saturday night but it was such a peaceful day. First off it started with this:

Photobucket

Go ahead and laugh but it was a Christmas gift from my parents and I love him. His presence means that I have time...because he does not fit in my van's cup holder AND he has to be hand washed. So his appearance means a lazy morning. Granted my lazy morning means I leave at 8 not 6:30 but still nice!

And then we had only ONE game that morning! Amazing! We also got new sod and did massive amounts of yard work. Dinner with my parents Saturday night and a chilled out day at home Sunday rounded out the weekend. Of course the next 3 weekends are ridiculously busy but the simplicity of this one was much needed and much enjoyed!

Photobucket

No comments: