Monday, April 25, 2011

Scared

It is amazing to me how the simplest health scares can freak a person out. I went to the beach Wednesday and came home with swollen ribs that itched, really bad. Thought it was sunburn except that nothing else around them was red. 24 hours later it was gone and I thought nothing of it.

Then I was sitting at Tori's game (if you have not seen her awesome flip as catcher check it out here: Tori's Flip) and my right arm started swelling. Bad. Like I had just got bit by a spider. So I did all the normal things - Benadryl, ice, Corticaid cream. And went to bed.



Next morning it felt sore, like it was bruised, and remained a little a swollen but not much...BUT my pointer finger on the other hand (left) was swollen and I could not bend it.



Then my collar bone.



Then the palm of my right hand.



I am thinking allergic reaction and outside of residual soreness in each of the places previously swollen seem to be back to normal. Is that odd or what? Honestly freaked me out. Watching for any other changes since I can't place the allergy...no new foods, soaps, detergents, etc. But for the moment all is well. Whew!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Do you have a Dr. House at your hospital? Sheesh, that's scary! Take care of yourself, friend!

Laurie said...

That is really bizarre, LeShayne. Hope you figure it out soon so you can stop worrying!