Sunday, September 26, 2010

Some Saturday Stuff...

Saturdays are about lounging in your pajamas all day...cozying up to cartoons with the kiddos in one arm and wrapping your fingers around a warm mug of coffee in the other. About sleeping in and .....ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Whose Saturday is that?!?

My alarm went off at 5:45 yesterday,just enough time to grab a shower, lay out clothes for everyone and hit the road in time to make it to the Assisted Living Facility where my mom is the Director of Memory Care. We loaded a bus full of people there (employees and families), climbed back in her car and headed for the St.Petersburg Pier for the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk.

Photobucket
The front of our shirts had pictures the Memory Care residents had painted, then put on transfers, ironed on the front...the back said the facilities name!



Meanwhile both kids had Little League pictures starting at 8:30 am and games at 10:00 and 12:00. I love baseball. I love Little League. I love watching my kids play. But I do have to say - it's a lot. Every Saturday basically all morning (usually til 2 or 3 actually), Monday games as well and Wed/Fri practices. But they are learning teamwork. And discipline. And healthy habits. And sportsmanship. Yep that's my mantra as I sit and cook alive in ridiculously hot FL September sun. Especially following the 3 mile walk in which I had already cooked alive!

Then it was off to a birthday party. Followed by date night. Woohoo. We had not had one since moving and it was good to get an evening by ourselves. Of course we went to Ikea...but that is besides the point. Ikea and Red Robin...and still among the most expensive date we have ever been on. LOL! But we did come home with a new desk and chair for Tristan, end table for the office, pillows for the couch and a rug, that has to go back. Todd wanted this rug...but I don't think it matches my decor...


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: