Friday, September 10, 2010

The Big Move

Box after box piled in our living room for the past few weeks and I postponed packing until the very last minute. I wanted the kids to enjoy their last days of summer playing in the pool, hanging out with friends, and having lemonade stands NOT packing. So I waited. And then I panicked. And then we made it anyway - whew!

Photobucket

And after everything was out I stood looking at the few remaining things and cavernous room where SO much of our life had happened in the last 5 years and despite my excitement at our new house, I cried. I had that moment, you know the end scene of any good long running sitcom - where the furniture has all been taken away and they stare at the set with melancholy music drifting around them and the flashbacks play. Yeah that moment.


Photobucket


And then I locked the door and walked to where my AMAZING friends stood waiting to join us in creating more of our story on our new set.



PhotobucketAgain a HUGE thanks to all those that loaded, unloaded, rearranged furniture and in general share life with us. You are much loved.



And to Jonathan and Taylor aka the paint and yard crew - thanks for being my brother and one of my best friends AND bringing to our family the sister I always wanted! Taylor - Couldn't love ya more even if it was biological!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Soooooo excited to see your new place next time we visit!!!