Sunday, May 9, 2010

Shine

Do you ever experience that moment in your life when you think about the things you wanted? And then you realize that while it's an ever-changing, ever-growing, ever-different list...the one you had before? Well it's all there. The husband who is good to you. The kids who are well behaved. The sweet cuddly puppy. The amazing extended family. The laughter. The sunshine. The mother's day spent with those people on the beautiful day playing in the beautiful water eating delicious food.

Today I am thankful that the sun shines on my life. I am thankful for the amazing mother that made me who I am. I am thankful that she taught me to be creative, to work hard, to play just as hard and above all else to remember to show love - everyday, everywhere. But most importantly at home. And I am thankful for the children who made me a mother, who taught me what a mother's love is like from the mother's side!

Photobucket



The kids (and Todd!) got me some cool stuff. Tristan made me a coaster with his own personal cubist art on it. Tori made me a teeny tiny plant in a pot and a really sweet Power Point presentation (only in 2010!). Todd and the kids also got me some gardening stuff - including a super cool springy hose that makes it 1000 times easier to water my garden.

Photobucket

After being served breakfast in bed and picking up a mommy fav, Starbucks, we headed to the park for some fun. Jonathan and Taylor brought the boat down and we picnicked at the park and tubed in the bay. Lots of fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bocce Ball...very serious competitors here. In case you don't know it's basically bowling on the lawn...except you have to get the big colored balls closest to the little white ball, no pins to knock over!

Photobucket

Obviously Tori has no issues posing for the cameras but please excuse my hair, this was after round one on the tube! And you get very, very wet. And salty. And the wind basically beats you up. So fun!

Photobucket

Tori's turn on the tube...she is a little more hesitant than everyone else but still enjoys it, though it did seem questionable for a moment there!

Photobucket

Tristan has always been the kid with a million funny faces and today he was priceless. He was so excited to go, had no fear, and made one funny face after another. The constant salt spray can get to you after a few but he went three times so it must have been ok!

Photobucket



No comments: