Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Discouraged.

I have been trying extraordinarily hard to be positive, to remind myself of all the blessings in my life and the constant wonder of all that is being a mother and wife and daughter and friend and human being. But today I am discouraged.

Today I want to skip the laundry. Feed my kids and myself a big greasy double cheeseburger from McDonald's. I want to forget trying my best at work. I don't want to meet with the orthodontist or shop for a birthday gift. I want to leave the muddy shoes at the door, forget the dust bunnies under the couch, and leave my garden in its dry hot little pad crawling with big nasty red spiders I cannot seem to get rid of alone. I want to crawl into bed with a good book and call it a day.

But I believe that his grace is new each morning...so I guess I will go fold laundry, whip up some tacos, find the perfect gift for a ten year old...and sic Todd on the nasty spiders! A girl can't do it all when she's discouraged :-)!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

You cannot do everything ALL the time!! (I know you want to, but don't!!)