Monday, February 15, 2010

Happiness Project Love Month

Okay so my Happiness Project is a little skewed as I am getting it kind of second hand but whatever - it makes me happy!

So this month the focus is on love...so here is my moment to love on a few things that make me happy.

- Family: My husband thinks I am beautiful and wonderful, is an awesome dad and is always there for me - what more could I ask for? My kids are fun and kind and generous and get along 90% of the time! My parents continue to be a supportive force in my life and my brother is one of my best friends.

- Friends: I am thankful for my best friend who could not be more UNLIKE me and yet is always always there. I am thankful for friends who are older and wiser than me and always there with words of encouragement. I am thankful for my younger friends that remind me I am not yet out of my twenties and sometimes I should live it up! I am thankful that I have a friend who has known me since I was just a teen and grown with me!

- Dog: Yes this is silly, but he warms my heart and makes me happy. I love how he always wants to cuddle and be held. I love that when I am having a bad day he seems to know that he needs to be right there with puppy kisses!

- Home: I dont mean my house. Its nice. But that's not it. I love that when I walk in at the end of the day that there is laughter here, and love, and warmth. That there is a sense of belonging you can never get at someone else's place no matter how welcome they make you feel.

- God: I screw up. Alot. I have hurt many people. I have been hurt many times. And yet God wraps me in his arms and calls me his child and tells me to rest in his warmth - and all is well with my soul. What could make a person happier than that?

No comments: