Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Hunt

The house has resumed with a new realtor. After a disappointment that was really out of our reach to begin with but...a girl can hope. So we have this list of things we would like (4 bedrooms, pool, in Brooker Creek school zone, fenced yard) and this list of things we need (3 bedrooms, yard space, garage, storage space of some kind). And its hard to remember that the wants are optional. For example the pool is a big deal to me - we use it ALL THE TIME. But its not really a need...my friends have pools, my parents have a community pool just miles away from the houses we have seen and we have a YMCA membership. So we have two in mind - one has more curb appeal and is newer (including roof and ac) and one has LOTS more space with tons of remodeling inside but may need a new roof in the next 5 years and looks older from the outside. Not sure what will come of either of them but can I just say that I hate the process. I hate looking, hating comprimising, hate all those numbers that change from house to house (insurance, flood or not, taxes, etc).


House A:

House B:

And to top the whole mess off we have to be careful about how we move out of this one. While I could probably live in a villa for the rest of my life Todd would prefer not too. I guess that's fair. But my parents own this one and while they would be happy for us if we found a good deal and got into our own place I don't want to hurt them either and with the market what it is...who knows what will happen here. And I respect them and definitely don't want to hurt them ya know?!

Okay thats my lament for today...off to church and maybe an afternoon at Busch Gardens!

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

House hunting is fun the first day, then the rest of it stinks! Having done it a few times now, I would definitely go for more space. Good luck!!

Jenni said...

While this might be dreadful for you, it's totally fun for me. I'm the nerd who loves watching that lame House Hunters show on TV. "Which one will they pick??" :) Keep the pictures coming, and keep your chin up! :)