Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week 3: New Thing(s)

I actually did/am doing two new things this week!

1 - yoga. I am not totally sold but I am not against it either. I feel stretched out but I still (have done this before a long time ago) feel like going to the gym should leave a person (a)sore (b)sweating or (c)knowing they burnt a bunch of calories. Yoga, at least Yoga I, does not leave me a,b or c. Stretched out yes, relaxed kind of. But I'll go back, keep it up for a couple of weeks, work up to a harder class and see if I see results.

2 - spanish class. Tonight my friend Di and I start Conversational Spanish I at SPC. Its a "life long learning" class that is not for credit nor grade. So it should be relaxing and I would really like to learn enough to communicate very basically with my patients - ask names, birthdays, if they need food/drink, or any other basic need type of thing.

Oh yeah and I got new blog decorations. The sheer amounts of rain recently made me feel the need to brighten up silly things in my life - wardrobe, blog, purse, etc.

3 comments:

Angelle said...

Your blog definitely looks cheery! :) As for yoga, keep it up! I definitely feel sore after some classes but not others. What I did notice was my ability to do the pose got better.

Jenni said...

I've never done yoga, but we used to do the crazy bodyflex classes occasionally at my gym...combo of yoga, tai chi and who knows what else. I would definitely leave sweating like crazy, and my muscles would be so sore from holding the poses. Maybe I'm just a wuss? :) See you guys tomorrow!

Rhiannon said...

The new blog looks great! Good luck with the Spanish classes. I have never done yoga so I have no comment for that!