Sunday, July 12, 2009

Too Young to Feel so Old

Last night I went to a "Girls Night Out" that was as lame as lame can be. We went to to dinner and that was nice, good conversation, etc but then everyone wanted to get home - to help get their kids in to bed, bc they're husband wanted to go out with some friends later, or they had a long day and wanted to go to bed early. Um ok. We are in our 20's people!!!! I should be able to hang out with my girlfriends and not turn into a pumpkin at 8:30 right?

I know that I got married very young, had kids very young. And those were decisions I made. So maybe everyone else got the going out with their girlfriends out of their systems early on but I really crave that "me time" and someone or someones to go see chick flicks with or try a new restaurant with (Todd doesn't work for that bc hes too picky) or get a couple of drinks. I feel like those women that also feel like that also have to be out there and I dont know how to find them.

Sorry for the vent...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know I would have pulled an all nighter with you!! we are in the same boat girl! we had no hang out time in our college years! too bad it was lame :(
lyndsay