Monday, May 18, 2009

Work Stories

It's been awhile since I posted any of my work stories so here is my most recent bizarre collection.

Suicide attempts/ideas from patients:
- chew off fingers and bleed to death
- peanut butter and rat poison sandwich (actual attempt)
- toilet bowl cleaner margarita (yep actual attempt)
- tying oneself in a garbage bag to suffocate...not one's head, one's self

Recent delusions/hallucinations:
- father is king of the gay club who is trying to turn him
- my mother ate my pet elephant and now she wants my lion too
- the cat keeps praying for me
- last week was the last week of the world and she cannot be here any longer

Its kind of funny on here but in real life kind of heartbreaking. You just want to shake people sometimes. Especially the ones that are attempting suicide but have young kids at home or the ones that are attempting and telling you their family is supportive, they have a good job, they are financially sound. As for the delusional/hallucinating its just sad, sad and more sad. You just can't do much for them except meds and then therapy after they get stabilized.

No comments: