Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Weekend Update

I love long weekends.

Friday night we had dinner with some friends and she came over to hang out while her husband and Todd went and helped Dave unload all their stuff into storage. Then Sat we went for ice cream with Dave and Rhiannon and Ty - yum!

Sunday evening we went up to my brothers for a BBQ - ate way too much food!! Tristan SO loves their dog - so now for the next couple of days we have to go through the "why dont we have a dog" - "but every little boy but me has a dog" - spiel that he is SO good at it. He almost convinces me it would be fun and then my sanity returns and I remember that it would be one more thing mommy has to take care of.

Yesterday we went rollerblading and bike riding. Tori is getting so good on her bike though she still has her moments of panic if she gets too close to anything else. Tristan is good but good with training wheels. When it finally cools off we'll take them off and teach him but right now its too darn hot to run with him!

We also had lunch with Brett and Alicia and their family as well as Doug and Mary. We sat on the porch overlooking the water and despite complaints from those who shall remain unnamed it was absolutely gorgeous! You gotta be outside on Labor Day - its a rule, at least in my own head.

So this is my last week as a stay home mom - so I am living it up. Getting my hair done, going to coffee with a friend, eating lunch at Tori's school one day and Tristan's another. Off to enjoy it.

No comments: