Wednesday, May 1, 2013

So...

I missed like 6 weeks of life. Or maybe I just missed blogging about it because I was too busy living it. Sounds better that way.

Baseball and softball are in full swing. Tristan is having a rock star kind of year...we knew that would probably be the case when he did not make a majors team. It's kind of good, everybody deserves to be a rock star sometimes, but kind of bad as the challenge is not all that great. Tori is having a rougher year, one in which lots of girls have played for years and the team is huge requiring people to sit out often. But her attitude is usually good, and she tries her best. Sometimes I think its good to have something that doesn't come easy to you...everything else seems to be natural to her - music, school, art - working hard and not being THE best is ok.

Oh and I went to Italy. It was heaven. The food and drink was amazing, the views were breathtaking and standing on sacred ground - well it was priceless. There is something that cannot be explained about standing in a moment of history...and this trip provided both present and past history. We went to the Roman Forum and their is an arch built by enslaved Christians. They were conquered by the Roman empire in a time of paganism and forced to build this beautiful arch that still stands today. I dont really associate myself with a specific nationality outside of American...but those people, they were the ones that came before. The ones that suffered for their faith...the ones that are part of our story.

And then I got to see Pope Francis give his first mass. I am not Catholic. I am not Italian. I did not know what he was saying. I do not even believe in all the pomp and circumstance that is Catholicism. But it was a holy moment nonetheless. One where you know you are surrounded by a community of faithful, a people filled with hope and the grace of God. Awesome is really not a big enough word.

We also made our now annual trip to Vero to visit our Canadian friends. Lots of sun, pool and beach were shared amongst many stories and lots of laughter. The older I get the more I appreciate those friends...the ones you see seldom but when you do it feels like only moments ago. Friends who make you feel at home. Til next year...

And I launched a new and improved, aka more sophisticated, photography business. I will miss my hot pink and lime green, the steel drum version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow and the adorable footprints marching across my page but as I take on some new partner work with a wedding photographer it was time to "grow up" my page. I am second shooting weddings and really working hard to book some new clients. Looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Everything else is just life...playing with the kiddos, going to work each day, attempting to keep my house clean, paying bills and spending as much time to spend with the people I love as possible. Life is good.

No comments: