Below is a graph I found online on the means for Florida college students....those that GOT IN.
|Florida SAT Scores (mid 50%)
(Learn what these numbers mean)
|Florida A&M||Florida A&M has Open Admissions|
|Florida Gulf Coast||470||550||470||550||450||540|
|New College of Florida||630||740||570||680||600||680|
|University of Florida||570||670||590||690||-||-|
Tori's scores (AT 12!!)
As for the essay - well the top score is a 6.0, for those of you familiar with FCAT/Florida Writes, much the same rubric.
She got a 5!
From the College Board website:
Score of 5An essay in this category demonstrates reasonably consistent mastery, although it will have occasional errors or lapses in quality. A typical essay:
- Effectively develops a point of view on the issue and demonstrates strong critical thinking, generally using appropriate examples, reasons, and other evidence to support its position
- Is well organized and focused, demonstrating coherence and progression of ideas
- Exhibits facility in the use of language, using appropriate vocabulary
- Demonstrates variety in sentence structure
- Is generally free of most errors in grammar, usage, and mechanics