Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thus Far

I have completely sucked at blogging this summer outside of bucket list pictures!

Inspired by a friend (Hi Angelle!) to update here goes...

The summer bucket list continues to drive activities and we can now add the following to the "done" list:
Threshers Game. (I forgot to take a picture - boo!). Decorating cupcakes. Homemade popsicles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids started something we are calling "A Postcard Round Up" as a summer project and it is going so so well. They have received 40+ postcards covering 20 (21 including Florida) states, DC, Canada and Mexico. And compliments of facebook helpers have many more coming soon! They have LOVED getting mail and they have flipped through the cards comparing pictures and states about a dozen times. I highly recommend this project!!

Photobucket

I have my own summer list though its more of a "to do" list then anything else but I am checking stuff off. Finished curtains for my bedroom, got some new decorations for my dressers, redid my laundry room to make it more function with backpack hooks, shelving, and wall pockets!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Funny story, I bought the kids initial letters before I had finished mounting the board and hooks. They were laying on the counter next to each other but in reverse order - T-V and Todd says "I know you like signs and letters and labels but I really dont think we need to label the tv." My OCD might be worse than I imagined if he actually thought I was going to label our tv.

Other than that our summer has been pretty low key. Lots of beach time. Hanging out with friends. Getting frozen yogurt. Sleep overs. Church activities. Reading books. Playing board games. Lawn work. Etc.



Looking forward we have some fun stuff planned and some getting ready for fall stuff planned. Still on the docket - Jolly Trolley, Sunset Cinema, Rays game, planting, biking and batting cages! Tori gets her braces on next week, a trip to Ellenton Outlet mall during the tax free weekend, and open houses at school bring us right up to the 20th when the kids go back. Summer is just too short!!!






No comments: