Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thirty Two.

For those following along I challenged myself to run 31 miles before turning 32. Well I didn't make it. I was doing really well...was at 25 miles with 5 days to go...and then work happened. My boss went on vacation, the kids went back to school, and I was trying to juggle a 50 hr work week with a new back to school routine and it just didn't happen. So I am going to set a new goal...35 miles in September. When plan A and B and C fails...well just keep swimming :-)

In all honesty my 32nd birthday was a rough day. Long day at work and bad house news (for those of you that dont know we had a leaky water pipe, had to drill through the cement slab and tile in Tristan's room to fix, repaired pipe but tile needs to be fixed still, not fun!).

I did go out for a lovely dinner with friends (Thanks West Family and Super Angelle who took 3 kids to dinner on her own!!!). And on Saturday we celebrated with family.

And that was a blast. The Rays lost and the game was fairly dull until the very last inning but it was still good times. And the weather was PERFECT (compliments of our friend TS Isaac) for the tailgating we did before hand!

This is my brother, he turned 29 as I turned 32. And he looks mature here with his beautiful wife. And he has a good job. And he has a folder for everything under the sun, most organized person I have ever met, he got it from our mom.

Photobucket

But mere moments later I am reminded he really is going to be a 9 year old boy trapped in an aging body for the rest of his life. And how do I know this? You know how nasty wet willies are? Well imagine a Rice Krispie treat (that has been outside for hours) willy? Yep. He did it. Thankfully Tristan was sitting closest. And he really is a 9 year old boy. So he thought it was gross but funny.

Photobucket

29 years we have celebrated together now. It was a lovely family day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: