Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sol y Mar

Sol y Mar...Sun and Sea.

Some people hate cruising. Some people love it. I am among the lovers. I cannot imagine anything more peaceful then sailing through blue waters, with puffy clouds overhead and the sun baking down on me. It is my zen like place and to be completely away from all the stress of home in my zen like place was just the refresher I needed.

I have tons of pictures, many of which are on facebook. But my favorite part of the trip was our actual Mexico stop, which is what these pictures are. We rented a little tracker (the jeeps were all stick shift and our driver was more comfortable with automatic) from the brilliantly named Sol y Mar and headed out around the island, till we reached the farthest point on the other side.

Photobucket

The water was so blue and the landscape so gorgeous.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And high on a cliff we found a little bar that Taylor and my brother had found previously. You could see endless ocean from there and the drinks were delicious, the guacamole fresh, and the salsa spicy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And just when I thought my stress had melted away and I could not be more relaxed I came home to the most amazing surprise. Empty laundry baskets, spic n span clean house, fall decorations and welcome home cards. Big thanks to Mom, Dad, Jonathan and Taylor for this amazing birthday gift. To Taylor, Mom, and Pam for taking the time out of your busy schedules to go with me. And to Todd and the kids for being the family that let's me have time to be me, to soak up my sun and sea, and to come home to my favorite place of all!

Photobucket

No comments: