Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Long weekends...

Sometimes I have these high expectations for weekends that don't quite pan out. It started off good...yummy hazelnut coffee in my favorite mug, editing pictures at the computer with my sweet puppy curled up in my lap (I think he likes the robe more than me). The whole house was silent and in my head I concocted these amazing plans of BBQ's and pool time and a clean house and the beach...

And then Tristan woke up with a fever.

So we did nothing all day. Finished doing nothing just in time to attend a wedding that was nice but mellow. And after having been mellow all day I was ready for something fun. But there were two days left so no worries.

Until Tristan's fever returned. So Todd, who was scheduled to sing and Tori went off to church while Tristan and I did...yep some more nothing. Finally by dinner time Tristan's fever had been gone for 4+ hours and I was near stir crazy we did catch some dinner on the porch at the Tarpon Turtle overlooking Lake Tarpon with some great friends.

Monday made an attempt at recovering. We BBQ'd with my family and played a random but surprisingly competitive 4 on 4 game of kickball at the local little league field.

I think for the first time in 10 years I am struggling with the idea that my idea of fun and Todd's is not the same. That my images of long weekends in the sun are more of a nightmare for him. It's not been an issue in the past because the kids have been too young to be out at the beach for too long and still play nice, or not old enough to enjoy the boat for more than an hour or so. Or we have had tons of activities. And now we don't and the kids ARE old enough to do things for longer periods of time. I am not sure what the answer is here but if I find it I will let you know.

And in the meantime despite this one being kind of boring...I will look forward to the next long weekend!

No comments: