Monday, December 21, 2009

End of the Year House Update...

We are still looking...

I found one I loved. But I am stubborn and the seller is stubborn so we have both drawn lines in the sand and neither of us are willing to cross the line at this point. It's pretty much already done in my exact taste - light kitchen, light walls, white bathroom, wood floors - plus it has a pool and garden tub both of which I would love to have but was not holding my breath for. Still hoping that he will come down a bit more after the holidays if he does not get any more offers...here are a few pics.

The second contender at this point is a newer listing...but listed at 40K less than the above one. It does not have a pool but does have a 4th bedroom and a freakishly large yard. I mean gargantuan and really really well landscaped. And a porch. And its be recently remodeled some so the kitchen and bathrooms are newer and the main floor has some interesting wood look tile - which seem durable and easy to clean. All together not my dream house but a lot of space for a good price with some good potential.

So current plan is to do nothing this week but wait...enjoy Christmas and leave our realtor alone. The second house the kids and Todd did not go with me so they will go see it next week and make sure they like it and then we will make some decisions from there. Who knows we may end up continuing the search but as frustrated as I am about the whole thing I am also encouraged that we have now found two at least near our price range that I like. That's progress...

House A is more expensive but has the pool, my taste, and is in the kids school zone.
House B is less expensive with more space but no pool, a more northern feel, an upstairs (this was a con for me), and in the kids elementary school area but they would go to a different middle school then all their friends.

***Todd likes them all - he is far less picky and as long as its nice he's happy as long as he has a place for his desk, a place for Max to run around without having to be walked, and a garage. Hence the reason all above arguements are in first person single not plural - Todd likes both! ***

1 comment:

LeShayne said...

Update: House #2 is no longer an option. Signed a contract on Christmas Day before I could even go back with Todd. Kind of bumming about it...