Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dad Saves the Day

Sometimes it can be, um, tense, living next door to your parents but yesterday I was so thankful. We needed a few groceries after the soccer game so Todd who had met us at the fields took the kids home and I headed out to the store. So I walk up to my house, carrying my insanely heavy milk, coffee, etc and what is awaiting but a giant snake on my door mat.

I am not even exaggerating. It was not a racer but some unidentified creepy two and a half foot long visitor. Freaked me out. And despite my excellent girl scout training I could not tell what kind of snake it was and therefore was not going near it. I did not want Todd to open the door in fear that it would bolt towards the open door and right into my house so I got my dad who got a broom...and yep saved the day!

Still freaks me out since I leave for work in the dark, but I won't forget to turn on our outside light as I go for awhile. It slithered off into our bushes, hopefully it stays away!

1 comment:

Angelle said...

That is one huge snake to be on a doorstep! Good thing someone was able to chase it away. Yikes!