Wednesday, March 19, 2008

No cake for me.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. You cannot work tons of hours and be a stay home mom. Pardon the whining post...

I am TIRED! I love my job and its craziness...I actually really like the atmosphere of a hospital in the middle of the night. But I dont really ever get a normal amount of sleep and even when I come close in hours its never back to back...its like 2 hours here, 2 hours there, etc. And my part time job had me working 36 hours this week...thats not part time! My eyes slighly resemble the before in a Visine commercial.

Now I realize lots of people work but I have this insane idea that I can do that and still be the stay home mom who attends MOPS, goes to lunch with friends and their kids, cleans, does laundry, cooks meals, takes care of the dog, leads brownies, is cookie mom, volunteers at church, etc...oh yeah and sew. I should really let the sewing go but its like a profitable hobby, something I really enjoy. Making it hard to give up.

I should learn that I can't have my cake and eat it too. Oh well I really should stay away from cake anyway :-)

No comments: