Friday, October 7, 2011

Shopping - A Love/Hate Relationship

It's fall. And while I realize this means the most miniscule change in temperatures ever here in FL it is a shift in my mind in which I should get to wear cute fall clothes. And jeans. And I am working on the whole losing weight thing (I know, I know, you've heard it before) and I don't want to buy anymore fat clothes. But a girl has to have a certain number of jeans to survive and right now, well my number is lacking. So I went on a hunt today. Tried the usual suspects - Kohls, NY and Co, Gap, etc. And then ventured into The Loft. Now despite that SO many of my friends (and sister) think this is the most fabulous place ever I always write it off as out of my price range.

But I am in love. Things fit. They look classic but still trendy. Perfection.

Except the price tag. For example...this shirt is simple, easy to wear to my usual mom stuff but still super cute. See here: Shirt. Especially in coral with jeans and maybe cute riding boots. But its almost $40. For a tshirt. Come on people. And here is the hate.

I hate that stores that make you feel semi-decent wearing something when you are not a size 0 cost a fortune. But if you are size 0 and can wear anything in the world and still look good there are 100's of stores with items priced at like <$20 all the time.

I might stop eating. No actually I love to eat so that won't happen but I might go run. For real.

PS - I did splurge and get two pairs of pants (on sale!) that rock. Comfortable, not hideous, and perfect for fall - even if fall is currently only taking place in my head and in a retail store near you.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I totally feel your pain. Whenever I go into Loft, I head directly for the back of the store to the clearance rack and don't even let myself look at any of the cute stuff in the front! (I feel the same way about most stores in the mall!) They do have an outlet in Ellenton that's pretty good, so it might be worth a looksee sometime? What about Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx?

This is why I love dresses lately, because they're so much easier and they hide so many of my flaws, plus it's one piece, so it's cheaper. However, since our cold weather is on its way, I will hopefully fit back into my jeans--at least my fat jeans--sometime soon! There's something wrong about wearing maternity jeans after my pregnancy! :)

Taylor said...

The key to The Loft is the sales rack. They keep items for 4 weeks in the "front" and then the price gets slashed. Sign-up for their e-mails if you don't already get them. The times to go are the "take an extra 40% (or even 50%!) off the whole store." I literally pay $4 and $5 for sweaters and pants. When I really splurge, I will pay $18 to $20, but never more!

And yes, Jenni, the Loft Outlet at Ellenton is nothing short of amazing! (esp on the 40% off days!)