Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No pain no gain?

Todd and I did P90X for about 30 days this time last year...and were just starting to see results. At least I was. And then I got sick and was down for the count for almost 2 weeks. Then it was the holidays and we never got back in a groove.

So fast forward a year and Todd has a networking group called BNI that he goes to every week. And one of the girls in it is his facebook friend and posted these 0 and 90 day pics of her and her husband/boyfriend/whatever he is. And they were nothing short of AMAZING!

So he got motivated, talked me into restarting. Today was the day...unfortunately Todd has a headache and plans for the next two nights. But I had psyched myself up for it and started anyway.

I forgot how ridiculous these videos are. And I considered on the third set of pushups that I should start with something way less hard than this series. But...I am really a head first kind of girl.

So Day 1 - done. -ish. Let's be real. I could not do the whole video. I might die. Literally. So I am now doing LeShayne's version - P120X, the first 30 days I am aiming to do half reps all the way through the video (two sets of each exercise) or full reps once through (aka a little more than half the video). And 15 of the 25 of each ab exercise on ab days.

Okay so goal set. Journey begun...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Yeah, I keep saying that one of these days, I am going to get enough sleep the night before so that I have enough energy to do it at 5am before the chaos begins...

I really will do it. Sometime. Right?